Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Sonogram- 6 weeks


The sonogram was fantastic! As soon as they moved the scanning rod near my uterus Erik and I could see a very strong blinking on screen- the heartbeat!! I swear the heart is half the size of the embryo. In the ultrasound pictures there’s a circle and a line next to it. The circle is the yolk sac, and the line is baby J! The tech doing the ultrasound said that the head was the end pointing to the right. How she knows that, I have no clue.

The heartbeat is 135 beats per minute, and the embryo is 9mm long (.35 inches). Those are perfect measurements for 7 weeks along. We just couldn’t be happier right now. I was crying before I even got on the table for the sonogram because I was so sure that I was having another miscarriage. I’ve never been happier to be wrong before in my life (but don’t count on that happening again).

Oh- and if the sonogram pictures look blurrier than other ones you’ve seen, it’s because I couldn’t stop smiling and giggling once I saw that strong heartbeat.


-They spelled our name incorrectly on the ultrasound pictures- shocking!
-Erik and I have been together for nine years, and seeing that heartbeat today was the first time I’ve ever seen tears in his eyes


No comments: