Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Heartbeat - 14 weeks

My prenatal appointment went great this morning! I’m at 14 weeks now, and the doctor said that the first trimester officially ended at around 13.5 weeks. Now that I’m second trimester the chances of miscarriage are less than 1%. YAY!

It was a pretty quick appointment- and the highlight was using the Doppler on my abdomen to find baby J’s heartbeat! It took what felt like FOREVER for the doctor to find it. It probably took him all of 20 seconds but to me it felt like 20 minutes. Once he found it, though, it was loud and clear. Baby J’s heart rate is 153 bpm now, which is perfect. He’s still really low in my abdomen (and the size of a lemon!), but will pop up and out any day now. My bladder is looking forward to that day.

My next appointment is scheduled for November 14th- and that’s the day we’ll do an ultrasound to find out the gender. I can’t wait!!!

-The doctor seemed surprised I didn’t have an inkling of what the gender was already- but I honestly have no idea!!! I should have told him that Baby J’s aunt is certain it’s a girl. :-)

4 comments:

Lyssa said...

We are so excited for you! I loved being pregnant (after the sick part went away :) Hearing the heartbeat and seeing the baby is really amazing. I am so glad that they have the technology to do those things now.

Anonymous said...

hey dawn! hope you don't mind, i found your blog site from your facebook. and congrats! things are looking fantastic! can't believe you'll find out the sex already. whatever the sex, i'll go ahead and recommend the name "johnny." :)

John B said...

I agree with the recommended name :-)

Dawn Jurgensmeier said...

That's it! Johnny or any form of the name John is off the list! You guys had to get greedy...